Healthy and delicious homemade five seed crackers. Great on their own or served with your favourite dip.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sesame seeds (you can use a mix of black & white sesame seeds)
- ⅓ cup flax seeds
- 1 cup water (can add extra if needed)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170˚C (340˚F) fan bake.
- Mix all ingredients together and leave for anything from 10mins-12hours for the seeds to soak up the water.
- Stir mixture well and then divide mixture over 2 lined baking trays and spread thinly. Ideal thickness is about 3-4mm. Too thin and the crackers will break apart, too thick and they come out more like a seed cookie.
- Score the flattened mixture with a knife into desired square sizes, so easy to break up once cooked.
- Bake for 1 hr (switching the trays around halfway through) or until golden brown and crisp. If they don't feel crisp after 1 hr, return to oven for another 5-10 mins.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.