Super warming and nourishing salad… a winner in terms of simplicity and flavour. Delicious all year round and one to endlessly adapt.
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 fillets skinless salmon
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- ½ bunch kale trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 bunch coriander / cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 180˚C
- Add turmeric, black pepper, cumin and chilli flakes to 2 tablespoons of the oil and mix to make a marinade, then spread this carefully all over the salmon fillets.
- Place face up on a roasting tray in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until browning on top
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, warm the remainder of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the broccoli and garlic, stirring well until the broccoli is al dente.
- Add the kale and toss through until just wilted and then add the green chilli.
- Remove from the heat, squeeze over the lime juice and toss through the coriander/cilantro.
- To serve, place the broccoli and kale in a wide bowl with the salmon fillet on top.
- Use whichever spices and herbs you love on your salmon
- Swap the salmon for any other protein – lamb, any fish, chicken, falafel all work really well